Monday, July 7, 2008

Vacation and stuff

Riding took a back seat for a week or so as MLW's parents were in town and graciously offered to look after children #2 and #3 whilst MLW and I took a few days away! Lats years sojourn took us to New Hampshire and the time was taken up with treking, canoeing, trail running and biking. This year was to be very different!

Chose to head to the Finger lakes of New York - lovely picturesque area but biking - not so much! Spent the days visiting wineries, microbreweries and eating lots of restaurant food! When we got home I looked like a chipmunk! I had put on 5 pounds and it all appeared to be on my cheeks! Managed a couple of runs on the New York State backroads - very entertaining, I've never run on (or even seen) dirt roads like this before.

After a few days at the Finger Lakes we took a shortist Road Trip to see Niagra Falls - falls themselves are very impressive (though they smelled of seagull poo!), but the surroundings are less so. To the point that we decided against staying the night and chose to head home a day early.

Good to relax, going to pay for it now I suspect!

Cheers

DogzBollux

No comments: