Friday, March 25, 2011

Run that got away!

Well holy moley wot's goin' on?
Referred to a run in the last post that I had not even mentioned previously - wot gives my man? Well the story goes like this, Mr Marky Mark headed west for a while - reckons he's working across there but from the extensive pictorial accounts of the mountain bike adventures he's having with his mate Gus I have my doubts. Anyway he was back in good old MI for a week. Wanted to run at weekend but the Bollux-clan went North doing that slidy down a hill thing. So a date was made for the Wednesday night. 5:30 and Mr Mark is at the Bollux household and we are on our way.
Runs a bit fast does our Mark. I feel darn good for the first bit - down Okemos, right onto Bennett. By time we hit the crossroads and turn onto Hulett I am feeling on a roll. Through a neighborhood and we head up Jolly. The undulating terrain is actually quite refreshing and I am digging the up hills. After Okemos the bigger hills feel even better, even pull away from Mark for a short time - he's just being kind. On Dobie the work starts but we are moving at a fair clip (I think). Grand River beckons and although there are bits when Mark is pulling away from me I still feel like I am relatively flowing. At American Home Fitness we turn onto Hamilton and up the final hill. We are talking and I mention that I want to try and run around 6:30 min/mile pace, Mark reckons we have been at around that pace and that is encouraging. At the Travellers Club Mark suggests we take it down a notch and cruise in. Finish at the Bollux House with a clock at 67 min and change. Bit soddin sore that night, next day find out why.......... Mr Mark has clocked the route at 10.7 miles. Means the run was at well under 6:30 pace - bloody soddin hell. fastest 10 mile run I've ever done (again).

Pace appears to be there - need to work on the distance and need to keep the training mileage up, and that has been a bit of an issue the past three weeks.

Ho Hum

DB

No comments: