Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fixed Heaven!

Yeah O.K. so we've established (i) the trails lack serious technical falloffability round here and (ii) the weather's been a bit crap lately. I've whinged and bloody moaned to everyone who would listen and to many people who really don't give a c**p. Eventually Mr Malone heard enough and told me (via email) to shut up and do something about it!!!! Sensible man Mr Malone (aka Mikey, Mike Mr Bike). Suitably chastened I decided that changes needed to be made........ and that change has arrived, in the form of a nice shiny 20 tooth Tomicog. For the uninitiated a Tomicog is a thing of great beauty, it is a cog drilled so that it bolts to the disc tab of the rear wheel very inexpensively and painlessly converts my Monocog 29er into possibly the biggest baddest mtb ever! A 29er, fully rigid (ooer) fixed bloody wheel. Spent the past week irritating the crap out of my 6 year old as I spend most of our bike rides trying to do track stands on my "new" rig. Christened it "Big Dog" for good measure and aching to hit the trails (I suspect hitting the trails is a pretty good description of my first few rides on this beast). Gonna add spice back to the riding.

Oh the fun we will have!

Cheers (photies to follow)

DB

No comments: