Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mi 1000

Whooo, two weeks since last post! Wot a lazy SOB!!

Fortunately been some bike time! So not quite so lazy. Still one car family - tho not fort long :( - so the commute continues.

When I moved north I was supposed to put in big miles but never happened. Wanted to get 1000 miles "fixed" in before the family joined me. Nope, not even close.

But last few weeks with the daily fixed commute the miles are slowly piling up. Roads round here are a bit on the challenging side, bloody bumpy - potholes and bad patching. Fixie riding can be a bit teeth chattering. Commute to work is a short 6 mile jaunt, Hulett Rd, Bennet Rd (past MSU beef cattle R&D center) onto College (past MSU swine R&D center, oh yes the commute is an olfactory safari), then Jolly for last bit onto Collins. Few ups and downs (and windy sections) to keep me honest, but nothing that can't be ridden sat down if I really put my mind to it.

Back and I turn a 6 mile jaunt into an 8 miler by tagging on a section north of Jolly (including a nice little hill). 14 miles a day done for 3 weeks now and beginning to feel benefit.

Tuesday also did session with the "track club" and legs have still not fully recovered.

But most important the miles are being done and I am now half way (and more) to the 1000 mile fixed in Mi!!

Till next time!

DB

No comments: