Saturday, June 13, 2009

1985!

"there was Sprinsteen, Madonna,
way before Nirvana,
there was U2 and Blondie,
and music still on MTV,
her two kids in highschool,
tell her that she's uncool,
cos she's still preoccupied
with 1985!"

Oh yes for us Generation Xers the mid 1980s are days to dream about - days when we could go out biking all day and not have to worry about anything except being home before it got dark - and doing our homework for the next day!

So where is this going? Well as it happens I was doing a bit of exploring in my new "burg" today and passed a consignment store. In the window all forgotten and forlorn was a thing of great beauty, a thing to behold. A thing that took me back to - yep you've got it - 1985!!!!!

A Bell V1-Pro bike helmet!!!!

"That's one BAD HAT Harry!"



An object so 80's I had to have it.

So $3.99 later I am now sporting a fantastic new (old) lid

OOhh I feel just like John Tomac!




So if you spot an older guy on a yellow mid-80's Rockhopper wearing a ridiculous looking helmet (specially if you are riding in Burchfield Park) don't yell abuse or laugh - I know I look stoopid! You've just eyeballed the DogzBollux!
Cheers

DB

No comments: