Monday, October 15, 2007

I Just Wanna Ride My Freakin' Bike!!!!!!!!

"We want to be free!
We want to be free to do what we want to do!
We want to be free to ride.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man.
And we want to drink soda (or something like that).
And we want to have a good time!
And that's what we're gonna do.
We're gonna have a good time.
We're gonna have a party!"

as Peter Fonda once probably said

Aaaaahhhhhh! It's been a totally frustrating few weeks! Three bloody weekends in a row and I haven't been able to hit the trails! Two weeks up in Pa and this week the bloody babysitter cried off "because it's Homecoming" - "I don't bloody care!!! Get your arse round here so I can go and ride my bloody bike, before I transmogrify into a homicidal maniac and start eating old people and small children!!!!" I screamed down the phone, well actually I didn't, I actually said " Oh that's fine we'll hope to see you next weekend then" but I thought it!

And the midweek ride was a wash too cos no bugger was available and irresponsible as I try to be, I couldn't rationalize a solo night ride.

So it's been just running for me the past week, that and a fair amount of sulking! I talked a friend into a ride last night just around the bike trails in the neighborhoods but to say that wasn't a decent substitute for an adrenaline soaked rip around Patapsco is like saying alcohol-free lager isn't a decent substitute for real beer! And my sodding light battery is playing up too, only gave me about an hour last night before lapsing into a faint orange smudge on the trail ahead of me! BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER - and that's the polite version, for the uncencored version watch the first three minutes of "Four Weddings and a Funeral"

Well things can only look up - if the weather holds (and it bloody better do) the nightride looks to have a chance of being a classic - light permitting. It will give me a chance to test out the new elbow pads I've finally succombed to buying, scabby elbows are not the most professional look.

Still on the bright side England beat the bloody Frogs to make it into the Rugby World Cup Final. Way hay!

Cheers for now

Dogzbollux

No comments: